Friday 6 July 2012

Sickness, Shopping & Squeezing


Hello my lovely followers.  Firstly I would just like to say a HUGE thankyou to those who have been encouraging me with your lovely comments-I love getting feedback, good, bad or otherwise.

Well just when I had planned to pick up the blogging game, illness hits.  Poor little P1 came down sick at school on Tuesday with a nasty virus and has had the rest of the week off school.  This has however forced me to STOP, which has been a good thing.  Here is how I have spent my quiet week mostly at home.

Wednesday we did venture out to do a chemist run, fortunately I was only in the driveway when I ended up looking like this


I really do need to find a suitable home in my bag for my teabags.

This short trip didn't end too well with P1 vomitting in daddys car (mine was in for a service), shame that!!!!

Thursday I had both P's at home as the kinder week had finished.  I had a window of 4 hours while the nurofen was still  in her system so we decided to head out to Northgate to Target to get some presents for some upcoming birthdays.  While we were there I ducked in to Coles to check out the Mix range of clothing-must say I was pleasantly surprised - I did purchase a cream shirt and will do an outfit post on it next week.  You can check out Mix here, unfortunately the shirt I bought has sold out online so you are unable to view it!

Today was a quiet one again.  We headed up to pick up my free range eggs I order every Friday from the Church Op Shop.  While in Bellerive we popped in to the Salvos and I picked up these vintage cross stitch ballerina's for P1's bedroom-I had fun this afternoon styling up the top of her desk - yep I will be lucky if it lasts until the morning!!


I was checking out facebook this afternoon when I came across this post, I had never thought about freezing lemon juice or zest, turns out our new place has a massive lemon tree so with my fruit basket full I decided to freeze away.  This is another citrus idea I fell in love with also but lets just say after numerous attempts I had to admit defeat.


I have also been trying to do Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar Program (find it here).  I must admit this is attempt 3.  I am not doing it for any other reason than to break my sugar addiction and to see if I do feel better without the sweet stuff.  Sarah recommends using Natvia (100% natural sweetener) initially while weaning off the sugar.  I gave it a go this afternoon with some natural Greek yoghurt and it was divine-would be even better with some blueberries/raspberries and almonds added.  I did also omit the sugar from these donna hay muffins and added some natvia instead - the kids loved them!

Not sure why my husband thinks I am a messy cook!!!


So there it is the week that was!  Have a fabulous weekend.
Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx