Tuesday 23 October 2012

Off to Blog School

Off to Blog School

Hello lovely people, hope you are all having a fabulous week so far!  I think Pip Lincolne of Meet me at Mikes must have known I was struggling a bit with this blogging caper as she has started a blog school called JustB Blog School.  It is a fantastic site where bloggers of all capabilities can come and ask questions, share tips and get lessons on blogging in general.  Lesson One was 5 questions which I have never really asked myself but probably should  have before I started blogging.  I thought I would share my lesson 1 answers with you all!


Why do I want to start a blog?
-to be a member of a wider community and develop new friendships
-to have a running record that I can go back and look at as time goes on (like a diary)
-share information with my friends
What do I want to give my readers?
-easy lighthearted reading
-share my love of blogs and blogging
-a glimpse at ME (this part I am struggling with - not sure how much information to share - I guess I will work it out as I go)

What do I want to achieve via blogging?
-as per question 1 - develop new friendships with likeminded people
-greater understanding of social media
-open myself up to any future opportunities if they arise

What strengths do I bring to my blog?
yep this one is hard! Still trying to answer this lol
What do I want to learn more about?

just to name a few;
- SEO (search engine optimisation)
- increasing readership
- using plugins
- taking good photos
 
I am thankful to Pip for starting this school - it is comforting to know there is a place I can go and ask stupid questions without judgement (well hopefully lol) and also get some knowledge I can use on this blogging journey. 

Look out Flickr, Linkedin, Feedburner I am all over you!!!!!!! (well maybe not yet)

Enjoy your week.

Mel xx


9 comments:

  1. Great post Mel! Goodluck at blog school!
    And you bring so much to your blog - your sense of style/fashion, your hints for op shopping, your love and flair for interior design, your humour, your honesty and just being YOU! I love it when a new post appears and enjoying reading them, despite talking to you nearly every day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always there encouraging me beautiful girl - love ya lots xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Mel I'm enjoying Blogschool too, although I'm feeling to lazy to do the homework just now, I believe I'm still getting a lot from it.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I'm on a visit from blog school too. I just wanted to pop in and say hi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your homework is GREAT. So, this should be your blogging manifesto. And when you get stuck, you can read back over this and spark some ideas based on your original bloggy intentions! Excellent work! Gold star and elephant stamp for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pip - loving my elephant stamp!!!! Absolutely loving blog school - learnt so much already xx

      Delete
  5. hello fellow blogschooler, just popped in for a nose around. op-shops you say? your speaking my language! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet you Max - yep it is rather addictive isnt it. Do you have a blog yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx