Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Preparations Begin!

The Preparations Begin

Firstly I will allow you time to pick yourself up off the floor - I know it has been nearly a month since my last post.  Just when I have grand plans to increase my number of posts something happens to throw me off course-I have had a bad run with sickness the last few months (nothing horrible just the flu and 2 head colds in 3 months) and unfortunately my desire to blog goes out the window.  Anyway I am not going to place any great expectations on myself or comitt to a certain number of posts but I do hope to be here more than I have!!!

As most of you know this Saturday is the Be Her Freedom High Tea Fundraiser and the preparations have officially began.  Legs waxed, fake tan booked, blow dry booked, dress borrowed, toe nails painted.  Just on the toe nails I have had a little fling with O.P.I the last 2 days and have purchased 4 of them-in case you Eastern Shore girls don't know, Hair Warehouse has started stocking O.P.I (admittedly not quite the selection Myer Melbourne has!) but none the less a good selection and at a reduced price - $17 each or 2 for $30.  Here are the 4 I purchased - initially they were all going to be for presents (October is birthday month) but after testing them all out (of course you need to do this with gifts) I have decided Gargantuan Green Grape is a keeper-a gorgeous mint green, what do you think?

Tonight I read a great article by Zoe Foster on the Mamamia site - in case you don't know Zoe is Hamish Blakes fiance and is a writer and ex beauty editor.  She bought out the most awesome book last year which is my bible - Amazing Face.  This is a great book for yourself or a gift for a girlfriend.  Anyway have a look here at this weeks post - 5 beauty rituals that look better on day 2- I felt like she was talking directly to me - I particularly can relate to the professional blow dry - I have already organised to have my hair for Saturday night blow dryed on Friday night!  Let me know if you can relate to any of these.  Unfortunately Zoe doesn't disclose how to disguise a large bruise on the shin caused by a catapulting bottle of lemonade - thats another story all together!

Hopefully will be back soon!

Mel xx

3 comments:

  1. Love it! And the green was a definite you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B - funny enough have never really been a green girl but I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have your blog back Mel...love the O.P.I colour, especily the yummy green! Might have to borrow some time. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx