Friday 7 September 2012

Yippee I am on Holidays!

Yippee I am on Holidays!

Now I am getting excited - after being back at work for 15 months I am finally taking my first lot of annual leave - to be honest only working 10 hours a week I haven't really felt a need to take it - but that said I am really looking forward to the next 2 weeks.  Of course it is School holidays in Tassie and like most of Hobart we are heading to the Gold Coast with friends.  This is honestly no exaggeration I reckon half of the girls school is going-we have already arranged a day at Seaworld with another family plus us.

I thought I would share with you my week of preparations for our trip - I am sure you can all relate to them (well most of you women would) hahahahaha

  • As you all know there are no chemists on the GC (tongue in cheek) so I have done the chemist run to get supplies-this has driven Phillip nuts as I have had it all out on the kitchen bench-just the usual, bandaids, medicines, itchy bite cream, ear plugs, wipes, kids tissue packs and the list goes on.
  • Trip to the doctor to get the Travel Plan to take Jaz's epipen on the plane-not sure if this is still needed but didn't want to chance it.
  • Getting all the washing and ironing up to date - because we are going to need school uniforms and winter clothes in Qld!!!!!!!!!
  • Running the pantry and fridge dry - can't have too much left in the house when we are away
  • Being dehaired - oh christ I am not looking forward to baring my fluoro skin - I know neon is in but not my type of neon hahahha
  • And probably doing the most important job of all - GETTING THE HOUSE JUST ABOUT SPRING CLEANED because you know everything has to be perfect when you are not actually even there to enjoy it.
This list is by no means exhaustive - but please humour me - am I the only nut who feels the need to do all of this or is it a typically female thing to do?????  I know it drives men crazy-my dad always make a joke about mum and the vacuum cleaner before they go away.  Seriously though I think we do all this purely for the reason it is nice to walk back into, even if it is \ foodless (will send Phillip for the essentials the night we get back - or if we are really lucky mum and dad might stock up for us - dad I hope you are reading this).

Anyhow I will be on instagram whilst away (plug) you can follow me on whatihavemet but I wont be blogging until I get back.  I am really really really going to try hard to relax (yep I know my sister would be laughing right now), not keep track of time too much and just stop-my mum often tells me I will catch myself coming back so this relaxing caper will be a bit of a challenge.

Happy School Holidays to those on them and I will see you all soon.

Mel xx

1 comment:

  1. Melita I am exactly the same!!!! Drives hubby nuts lol. One MUST have clean sheets on the bed and shiny floors at home when one is away on holidays!! ;o)
    Please can I stow away in your suitcase???
    Have a FABULOUS holiday XOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx