Thursday 21 June 2012

What I Wore and Day 8 Jewellery Challenge

Well I am proud to say that over half of todays outfit is from the op shops.  I will start with the jeans which were actually bought for my husband. As part of his job he had a day planned up at Russell Falls stripping fish-very messy job to which he didn't want to wear his own clothes.  I stumbled across these Mavi's at Lifeline in the City and he managed to pour himself into them for the day - fortunately after a good wash they smell like new so I decided to do my own version of a ripped boyfriend jean.  The rips aren't that prominant at the moment but I know over time and with me playing with them I will get the desired effect.  In my opinion the boyfriend jean really needs to be worn with a heel, introducing my Ash boots which I love to bits - you can find them here, and did I mention they are so so comfy!
The jacket is from Sportsgirl which I picked up at the op shop last year still with the $140.00 price tag attached-it did have a few buttons missing so my dear mum took them all off and replaced them with simple black ones-I love the structure of this jacket and the military style.  Under the jacket I just wore my trusty Country Road singlet and Dotti long sleeve top-I could have actually done with more layers today, it was freezing!

Day 8 Jewellery Challenge

Today I wore my new gold slim choker (as above) I received as a gift - I think I love it even more than the silver one I have, you can find them here


I can tick quite a few off my jewellery list today after this effort, they are as follows:
  • watch - kmart $19, it is nice and loose which I love and being a combo of both gold and silver I can wear it with all my jewellery
  • closest to the watch is a diva bangle which has tiny elephants around it
  • the link bracelet is a cheapie from the op shop
  • next is another 30th bday present - solid gold I will wear this one forever - it layers so well
  • last is a Lucy Folk Taco friendship bracelet - the gold taco shell really makes this - you can find her pieces here
How you can help me
When talking with some friends today we were discussing possible blog content, I was thinking of dedicating some posts to my strategy for op shopping and also where I shop exactly - as these are probably the most asked questions I get.  Also in the future I was thinking I could do a My Edit - pieces that I find and love and put them up for sale-I would also show how I would style them, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK - and if there is anything you would like me to write a post about please let me know!

Mel XX

PS Thank you so much beautiful Alinta for my pics today.

7 comments:

  1. You missed your calling beautiful girl, you should be gracing the pages of Vogue (not Vague lol!). Most welcome for the pics. And YES YES YES, you find it, I'll buy it!!! Love it xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved both ideas - the strategies and the My Edit! Go for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw my beautiful supporters - thanks girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are Hot, lovin the choices today xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic Mel, I love both ideas as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. Your own things that you sell on Facebook always seem to get snapped up pretty quickly so am sure cool op shop treasures complete with styling tips would be fantastic! Looking forward to hearing the strategy too, am not so patient with op shopping but know you can find some great things if you know where to look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx