Sunday 3 June 2012

OP SHOP DIY'S   03.06.12


I love the idea of recycling/upcyclying pieces I find, but unfortunately lack in the creativity stakes.  I have however done a few simple things that I am happy with the end result!
I made the scalloped bunting out of coasters I found at a Church Op Shop.  For my .50 outlay I am quite happy with the result - a simple fold with some glue and you are done!
This is probably the hardest DIY I have done purely for the prep work.  I handed over $4 for this little table at the Salvos and knew exactly what I wanted to do but didn't quite anticipate how much time it would take to prime it all and then paint it - making sure to do the inside as well.  Love the colour which is http://www.porterspaints.com/world-of-colours/porters-colours/reds--pinks - Mulberry Stain - it is an eggshell paint which is matt and fortunately only needed 2 coats.  It is a pity I cannot find the before shot of this table to show you.
My first DIY and I have to admit I only sourced the mirror and outsourced the painting to my dear dad.  Just a plain old cane mirror I found at a garage sale a few years back - I still love how it looks now!

The next is a DIY I would really love to do but not sure if my sewing skills are up to it - well I can dream atleast!  Check it out below - Denim Acne Scully Skirt under DIY category!
http://www.afterdrk.com/

Thanks for stopping by.
Mel xx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the mirror!! And the little table is gorgeous, you clever girl. What is the beautiful image on the wall above the table? Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey - it is surprise surprise another mirror! Chelsea's first xmas present when she was a few months old! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx