Saturday 9 June 2012

Day 1 Jewellery Challenge - Star & Neon  09.06.2012

Day 1 of the challenge saw me wearing 2 of my favourites pieces currently on high rotation.  I discovered the crystal necklace off a blog last year which consequently had me waiting a couple of months for it due to the high demand - well worth the wait though I still love it.  The star is a recent addition from Sass & Bide-I justified this purchase by the fact all profits are donated to Make-a-Wish, such a wonderful cause!  You may still be able to get them here http://www.sassandbide.com/make-a-wish-4.html

I had my new Shop magazine waiting in my mailbox yesterday and it was a little article advising how you can wear more than one necklace at a time.  According to Shop you arrange your necklaces according to weight - with the heavier rocks at the bottom of the bunch.  If you prefer dainty jewellery, pick a few delicate chains in different coloured chains in different colour metals.  Put the smallest pendants on the shortest chains to keep things balanced.  For extra style points, drape your chains around a buttoned-up collar.

See you tomorrow
Mel xx

PS No I am not doing the chicken dance - I had a little 4 year old on my back desperate to try and get in the shot!

2 comments:

  1. Whilst I love the Thought of you doing the chicken Dance, I also love your gems and your style in which you wear them,Im looking forward to a Fluro winter , seeping into summer !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That I am too J - fluoro is apparently going to be hot for summer - and that is why I am determined to get you one also xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx