Monday 18 June 2012

Upcycled Necklace, Mint Loves & Midi Rings

Monday and Tuesday are my work days and as I wear corporate wardrobe I feel it is not the place to accessorise with costume jewellery so today was just plain studs day.  In keeping with my jewellery challenge I thought I would share with you a necklace I bought at the Sorell Market yesterday for $5 and the small change I made to it to turn it into a statement piece.  Let me know what you think!
Silly me forgot to take a before pic - the bib part has remained untouched but the neck tie was originally 2 strands of ugly beads on each side - I just removed those and used a silk belt to thread through each side which allows for it to be adjustable around the neck.
And this is how I think I will wear it once the weather warms up - this combination reminds me of something from Sass & Bide-do you agree?

In case you are wondering the feather wrap is one of my all time favourite pieces in my robe - it is from here I think I love it even more now than when I first bought it - thanks Terri!

Mint Loves

I posted here about my wonderful friend giving me a blogging book - well last week my local vinnies supplied me with a gorgeous home for it - very happy with the $4 spend.
As you can see I am embracing the mint trend with my nails also - this was another freebie from the oppie last week - admittedly not the best quality polish but a few coats and it comes up a treat.  I am also trying out the midi ring trend in this photo-you can see some of my inspiration here - after trying this out this afternoon I think I will have to agree with Jane - who posted a comment on pinterest "that would drive me crazy"

Added bonus this gorgeous Book Bag is a Fair Trade piece made in Bangladesh for The Dharma Door! 

See you tomorrow
Mel xx







4 comments:

  1. Oh you clever girl! That looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there sweet Kairo - love the name! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Miss M, the necklace looks amazing! You just HAVE to wear it to school drop off, lol!! And I love mint, what a gorgeous place to keep your fabulous blogging book XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace and the way you have altered it. obviously haven't seen the original piece but looks amazing like this. Love it with the feathers too, great idea and thanks so much for featuring it! Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx