Sunday 2 September 2012

Happy Fathers Day - The Day That Was

 
Happy Fathers Day - The Day That Was!
 
 
Happy Fathers Day Big Tez/Poppy Terry, My Dad.  I know you pop by sometime to look at my blog and I hope that you see this.  You are the best dad and poppy, always there for us - drop everthing to come and help us when we need - and you are a legend! 
 
Guess who is Poppys girl?  She loved him coming to kinder last week!
 
We celebrated Fathers Day with lunch at my sisters.  Phillip did his usual and fired the kids up as soon as we arrived (my sister loves it when we visit-well when Phillip visits), but the kids got their revenge when uncle Pippys trousers split-yep bum to bollocks hahahahaha.  Fortunately he did see the funny side although they were his favourites.  My poor mum I think has been scarred.
 
Over lunch we discussed everything from same sex marriage to what sort of music dad would like played at his funeral-yep I know you are all wondering-Sitting at the Dock of a Bay, he did make mention not to have Highway to Hell!
 
 
As most of you would know my BIL is a Professional Photographer so we took the opportunity to have some photos taken-yes sneaky nut and all made an appearance lol. I will share these as soon as Andrew as photo shopped them.  It is rather ironic though, this photo was taken by Phillip on my phone and I love it - definitely going to frame it

My sister, my best friend.
 




Heres me getting my neon on today - note to self - remove tag off scarf in future.  Funny enough this scarf is/was for my beautiful god daughter Charlotte-I actually quite liked the contrast of the fine flower print against the neon stripes-I will be getting her another one and also a couple of these for the girls - $9.95 cheap as chips! 
 
Whilst on the subject of dads, I have asked mine to make me a pallet table for the girls to use for their lego - I actually did mention perhaps I could get a lesson in how to use a power tool - didn't get an overly enthusiastic response from my sister in particular - who recalled how fabulous I was with a sewing machine-I swear I was intending to make a single sheet not a queen sheet at our Adult Ed course bahahaha.
 
I hope you all had a fabulous day today - especially all the dads.
 
See you all soon
Mel xx
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. ahh so love a mel ,story ! thank you for the grins my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. shit that tank is hot ! as are you lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely family day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx