Monday 29 October 2012

You CAN dress a bed with Op Shop pieces

You CAN dress a bed with Op Shop pieces

Yes indeed you can. 

Our downstairs bedroom had become a dumping ground and I could stand it no longer so I decided to set myself a challenge to see if I could decorate using mainly recycled pieces.  I do believe that good interiors evolve over time so it is definitely a work in progress.  We originally had a double bed that guests (and husband at times lol) complained about their feet hanging over the edge, so we were lucky to acquire a queen size when we bought out Rough Diamond.  We already had the queen size doona so first purchase was a plain white doona cover - actually very hard to find in op shops so I found one that had a white backing so just decided to flip it over.


I love the idea of mismatched cushions - I particularly love the blue and white print and at $1.50 really how can you go wrong.  The colourful one is actually not an opshop one but at $8.00 from Target it is just as cheap.  The middle cushion I am not totally happy with and it will be replaced when I can find the right one (ideally I think the contrast of a white fur would look fab here-what are my chances of finding that!).


Last week I was stoked to find this Country Road Woven blanket for a whole $5.50 - admittedly it had a few pulls, nothing that a bit of time and small scissors couldnt fix.

I stumbled across this quick little dipping DIY on Instagram and decided to do it on the 3 little bottles I picked up for $2 - I quite liked the uneven edges but I think next time I will use masking tape to make straight lines - this dipping could be done with absolutely anything - I would love to do it with some timber and white paint!
 


Just need to get some single stems to put in these.

As I said this is definitely a work in progress - and I will continue to see if I can do the whole room with recycled pieces - I think it adds so much more character.  I would love to know what you think!

Have a fabulous Tuesday
Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx