Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sass & Bide, Yoga and other loves this week!

Sass & Bide, Yoga and other loves this week!

Hello lovely friends, hope you are all having a fabulous week!  Here are a few bits and pieces of my week so far.

I eagerly awaited the arrival of the TNT van today delivering my new Havaiana's - they are a special edition collaboration with Sass & Bide.  Admittedly it is a bit extravagant paying $50 for a pair of thongs, but hey, how can you go wrong with black, leopard and the famous gold star and I think cost per wear will be quite low seeing as my poor old bunion feet will be living in these this summer.  You can find them here!
http://www.sassandbide.com/eboutique/accoutrement/havianas.html

Tonight I finally returned to yoga and I realised just how much I have missed it and need it!  I have done a few forms of yoga over the years with the most recent form being flow with the beautiful Miss Em.  I started with Iyengar which I loved - this style gives you a great foundation and it is a very detailed form, you start with a basic class and then when the instructors feel you are ready you progress to the next level, I did particularly like the challenge of head stands, shoulder stands and hand stands.  I also tried Bikram last year which I also enjoyed but this is more a workout style of yoga and not so much relaxing - old stress head here really needs relaxing and this is why Miss Ems is the perfect style for me at the moment.  I love the feeling of calm that comes over me during and after yoga - the challenge is to try and get that to carry over into everyday life!!!!!

I discovered this gorgeous garland a while back and decided I would make one with the tissue paper I picked up at the op shop.  Would you believe the hardest part for me was step 1 (tutorial I used is here), which way to fold the paper first lol - I have only done a few as they are quite time consuming, I have done white so far and I think I will add a metalic and possibly a pink - thought this would be fun for Miss C's bedroom - funny enough the kids rooms are the only rooms I feel comfortable adding colour!

Thought I would share with you my Ikea fluff and how I styled it.  A dear friend picked it up for me in Melbourne - in time I would love to update the chair to an Eames rocker but this will be suffice for now (especially as the chair cost me nix).  I picked up the cushion at Big W last week for $9.00 - I just need to find a storage solution for all those Real Living mags sitting underneath!!!!



In case you were all wondering I haven't had much luck at the op shops recently - hence the lack of blog posts on this topic.  I visited a couple today and even willed myself before I went in to find a hidden gem (you know like what they mention in the book The Secret - if you put it out there then it comes back to you) unfortunately it didn't work on this occasion!!!

Bring on next week - Pink tickets go on sale!!!!  Tell me who is going?

Bye for now
Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx